Force thumb drive or flash drive to same drive letter each time?

classic Clássica list Lista threaded Em Árvore
1 mensagem Opções
Responder | Em Árvore
Abra essa mensagem na visão em árvore

Force thumb drive or flash drive to same drive letter each time?

breckjensen
Hello all,

I am really tired of plugging in a thumb drive and having it automatically assigned to the letter G which is also mapped to a network drive. I have to take files off many different thumb drives each day but even the two of my own don't always maintain the driver letters I've assigned in Disk Manager.

Anyone know of a way to get all thumb drives to always be assigned a specific drive letter such as Z:\?

Or even to have my own drives alway receive the same drive letter?

I'm wondering if this could be done through an autorun.inf file on the root of the thumbdrive.

Any ideas?
Thank you

I did not find the right solution from the internet

B2B Marketing Campaign