Why is there an extra USB connector on USB connection cable?

classic Clássica list Lista threaded Em Árvore
1 mensagem Opções
Responder | Em Árvore
Abra essa mensagem na visão em árvore

Why is there an extra USB connector on USB connection cable?

breckjensen
Hello all,

I have a transcend optical drive that i use for reading and writing DVDs with my laptop. The connection cable is a USB type A-B cable. However, at the Type A end there is an extra provision for another Type A connection with a very short length of cable (about 20 cm). what is this third connector for?

Thank you

I did not find the right solution from the internet

Promotional advertising examples